Here are some moving guidelines you’ll want to make sure to follow:
- Call or contact your local Allied agent for a free moving quote. Set a date for the agent to visually survey your home and prepare an estimate.
- If your company is paying for your move, refer to their moving policy to determine the services the mover will be authorized to perform.
- Do you want to do any of the packing, or will you have it done by our experienced packers? Your agent will be happy to discuss packing services with you.
- Show the agent everything that is going to be moved. Any items you fail to disclose or that are added later to the shipment can increase the cost, even if you have been given a binding estimate.
- Read the “Your Rights and Responsibilities Manual” to make certain that you fully understand the extent of the carrier’s liability.
- Sign the Estimate/Order for Service after you are sure you have a clear understanding of each section. If you have any questions, ask your agent to explain.
- Keep the phone number and name of your salesperson or move coordinator handy.